Description: WhatsApp is looking for an Associate General Counsel, Product to join our team. You must have flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and organizational needs. In addition, you must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced, small but growing environment and work proactively with various teams, including the business, marketing, product management, engineering, policy, communications and customer support teams.
- Act as primary legal advisor for product and engineering teams.
- Provide legal advice across many subject areas including data protection/privacy laws and regulations, telecom, competition, consumer protection laws, and other global legal frameworks.
- Coordinate with public policy, communications, product management, product marketing, trust and safety, and other cross-functional teams on external communications, policy development, product development, and product launches.
- Lead consensus building and drive coordination with other members of the Legal team.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required.
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
- 8+ years of law firm and/or in-house experience with internet or technology companies.
- Experience with product or regulatory counseling related to consumer protection, privacy, data security, and intellectual property law.
- Experience taking on projects involving different subject matters, and working with cross-functional organizations.
- Experience supporting a global team at a messaging services provider or other Internet services and technology company.
- Experience working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.