Description: Facebook’s AR/VR group seeks an Associate General Counsel for its virtual reality and augmented reality business. Facebook invents, manufactures and sells industry leading virtual reality headsets and operates a global virtual reality content and social platform. Success in this position will require you to provide creative and practical guidance to clients on different legal and business strategies to help foster the development of our own AR/VR devices and applications, as well as a thriving developer, user and partner software and online platform ecosystem. You will also be providing strategic guidance on software development, privacy, security, and regulatory compliance, as well as a wide variety of contracts, including software licenses, content licenses and developer-facing contracts and terms. This is a unique opportunity to work on cutting-edge issues in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Providing legal advice on software engineering, content, product, and other business teams across many subject areas, including content distribution, copyright and trademark, open source software, data privacy and security and the general legal framework for developer ecosystems and consumer-facing platforms
- Overseeing the negotiation of contracts relating to content and software products, platforms and services
- Developing regulatory compliance strategies and evaluating their implementation
- Building positive and influential relationships with executives, product teams, and peers across the AR/VR organization in Facebook
- Collaborating with subject matters experts within the AR/VR team and at Facebook to analyze and communicate legal risks
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 8+ years of legal experience
- Law firm and in-house experience with technology companies
- Experience working with tech entrepreneur executives and advising platform and software teams
- Experience counseling clients on a variety of regulatory compliance issues
- Experience counseling clients on legal issues relating to interactive game development, developer ecosystems and consumer-facing software platforms
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.