Company: American International Group, Inc.
Position: Assistant General Counsel
Location: New York, NY
Description: The AIG Corporate Legal Group is seeking an Assistant General Counsel to join its legal department in New York.
The AGC’s primary roles will be to advise and assist with SEC and other regulatory disclosures, corporate governance matters and capital markets transactions.
Organizational Structure: This position will report to the Head of Securities and Corporate Governance for AIG Parent.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Advise generally on U.S. corporate law, SEC disclosure and regulatory matters.
- Draft and advise on AIG ’34 Act disclosure filings
- Advise on Regulation FD and Regulation G issues, including material press releases, investor presentations and other Corporate Communications and Investor Relations matters
- Advise on legal issues with respect to capital markets and treasury transactions
- Draft and advise on ’33 Act offerings
- Advise on legal issues with respect to corporate governance
- Support Marketing, Corporate Communications, Investor Relations, Treasury and Finance teams
- Perform other related duties and ad hoc projects as required
The ideal candidate should have:
- 5-7 years of legal experience with a major law firm or relevant in-house experience, with a demonstrated focus on securities disclosure
- Extensive SEC disclosure experience (both ’33 and ’34 Acts) – insurance industry specific experience a plus
- Top academic credentials and excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on teamwork
- Proven leadership abilities
- JD required – Admitted to a US Bar (preferably NY)