Position: HBT & SPS Chief Litigation Counsel
Company: Honeywell International
Location: Atlanta, GA
Description: Honeywell is seeking qualified candidates for Chief Litigation Counsel of its Home & Building Technologies (HBT) and Sensing & Productivity Solutions (SPS) business groups. This position is located in the HBT headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
HBT and SPS collectively have approximately 60,000 employees and revenues of more than $15 billion, collectively constituting two of Honeywell’s four strategic business groups. HBT helps homeowners stay connected and in control of their home comfort, security, fire systems, and air and water purification and helps businesses ensure their facilities are safe, comfortable and sustainable with its building energy management solutions. HBT is a global leader in its industry with offerings in 150 million homes and 10 million buildings worldwide. SPS globally provides products, software and connected solutions that improve productivity, workplace safety and asset performance for customers through industry-leading mobile devices, software, cloud technology and automation solutions, the broadest range of personal protective equipment and gas detection technology, and custom-engineered sensors, switches and controls. SPS also manufactures and sell a broad portfolio of footwear for work, play and outdoor activities, including XtraTufTM and Muck BootTM brand footwear.
Reporting directly to the Vice President & General Counsel of HBT with one staff attorney report, the HBT and SPS Chief Litigation Counsel is responsible for:
- Coordinating, developing strategies for, supervising, guiding and resolving a wide variety of litigation and pre-litigation disputes, including commercial, product liability, intellectual property and insurance coverage matters and government investigations
- Managing and budgeting outside litigation counsel
- Coordinating with outside counsel to assure they support Honeywell’s principles of diversity and inclusion in the representation of clients
- Working with HBT & SPS business leaders and corporate staff to articulate risks and benefits of legal strategy
- Working with Honeywell’s insurers to manage insured claims
- Helping HBT and SPS develop and implement processes, procedures, and systems to promote risk avoidance and prevent litigation
- Supporting M&A due diligence investigations
- Coordinating reserve analysis and legal disclosures with the Finance function
- Providing strategic litigation advice to HBT and SPS
Contact:Melissa Buchholz., Recruiter, Randstad Sourceright | Honeywell Staffing Team | Office: 612.248.0597 | Fax: 952.388.2636 | Melissa.Buchholz@honeywell.com
- Bachelors, JD
- 10+ years litigation experience in all phases of litigation including strategy development, discovery, motion practice, witness preparation, trials and dispute resolution.
- In-house experience or client interaction a plus.
- Outstanding judgment and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prosecute and defend litigation in a manner designed to bring swift, favorable outcomes with maximum impact cost-effectively
- Collaborative demeanor to drive quick resolution of identified issues with multiple stakeholders
- Desire to continue hands-on litigation management in a corporate setting
- Strong business acumen to help HBT and SPS balance risk and reward
- Intellectual curiosity and broad horizons suitable for a global business