2018 Pathways Conference Pitch Session Network
MCCA hosted the Second Annual Pitch Session Network at the 2018 Creating Pathways to Diversity Conference, in collaboration with the Hispanic National Bar Association, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, and the National Bar Association. Pitch Session Network had over 55 meetings scheduled with 13 corporate partners and 30 different law firms.
MCCA would like to thank all the corporate legal departments and law firms that participated in the 2018 Pitch Session Network for making it a remarkable success. This program grew incredibly fast and MCCA would like to thank Norton Rose Fulbright for generously donating space and resources, so we could accommodate the growth. Norton Rose Fulbright’s collaboration with MCCA is another notable example of how we are #AdvancingTogether. MCCA cannot achieve our vision to “make the next generation of legal leaders as diverse as the world we live in” a reality without working with influential clients agreeing to meet and consider diverse outside counsel for new opportunities.
2018 Pitch Session Network Corporate Participants
2018 Pitch Session Network Law Firm Participants
Eligibility Criteria for Pitch Session Network Participants:
- Must be a confirmed registrant for the 2018 Creating Pathways to Diversity Conference. There is no additional cost to participate.
- Corporate Legal Departments:
- In-house counsel participants MUST have the authority or be in a position to hire outside counsel.
- Law Firms:
- Law firm participants MUST be MCCA members (or pre-approved affinity organizations) and CANNOT participate solely as a conference sponsor; and
- Law firm participants MUST be a diverse partner (MCCA’s definition of diversity includes gender, race/ethnicity, LGBTQ, veterans/service members and attorneys with disabilities).
- Legal Service Providers (non-law firms):
- Legal service providers MUST be Pathways Conference sponsors in order to participate in the Pitch Session Network because they do not meet MCCA membership requirements.
- Corporate Legal Departments:
Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns regarding the MCCA Pitch Session Network.
When will the Pitch Session Network take place?
The Pitch Session Network will be held at the 2018 Creating Pathways to Diversity Conference on October 1-3. MCCA will make their best efforts to schedule your Pitch Session meetings outside of any CLE sessions, however, this is a very popular MCCA program and there is no guarantee this due to the limited time and space.
Where will the Pitch Session Network take place?
The Pitch Session Network will be held at the Hilton Midtown in New York City. If you are successfully matched during the review process, room assignments will be provided prior to your meeting.
Who may participate in the Pitch Session Network?
- In-house counsel may participate in the Pitch Session Network at no cost, however, the in-house counsel must have authority to hire or recommend outside counsel.
- All law firm partners MUST:
- Be employees of law firms that are MCCA members (or pre-approved affiliate affinity organizations); and
- Registered for the Creating Pathways to Diversity Conference.
- Legal service vendors (non-law firms) must be a sponsor of the Creating Pathways to Diversity Conference in order participate in the Pitch Session Network.
Please refer to the section“Eligibility Criteria for Pitch Session Network Participants”.
How will matches be made?
- Law firm applications that match the requirements of the participating corporate legal department(s) will be forwarded to each in-house counsel’s attention for their review.
- In-house counsel will then choose which diverse law firm partner they are interested in meeting.
- Diverse law firm partners and in-house counsels will be provided a list of participating legal service providers and a description of their services. They will decide which legal service providers they want to meet based on what services they are seeking.
May you bring other attorneys from the same MCCA Member Law Firm to participate in the Pitch Session meetings?
Law Firm partners may bring other attorneys from their MCCA Member Law Firm to the pitch session, ONLY IF ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS HAVE BEEN MET:
- Each proposed accompanying attorney is a confirmed registrant of the 2018 Creating Pathways to Diversity Conference;
- Each proposed accompanying attorney has completed the Pitch Session Network Application form;
- Each proposed accompanying attorney has the qualifications to meet the needs requested by the in-house counsel, and
- The in-house counsel taking the pitch consents to meeting with the proposed accompanying attorneys.
Am I guaranteed a slot to pitch?
Pitch Session Network meetings are not guaranteed.
Applications are carefully reviewed and are forwarded to in-house counsel for review if they match in-house counsel’s requirements. Please be aware that there could be many reasons why an application was not selected for a pitch session, such as:
- There was no need for the type of service being pitched;
- In-house counsel and/or law firm attorneys have very specific needs; and/or
- In-house counsel and/or law firm attorneys were already aware of the services provided and/or have any existing relationship for those specific services.
Due to confidentiality reasons and the volume of applications received, we do not provide information on why an application was not selected for a pitch session.
MCCA does not guarantee that the diverse law firm partner or legal service provider that submits a submission for the Pitch Session Network will be selected to participate nor does the MCCA guarantee that selection and participation in the Pitch Session Network will result in actual legal work.
Is there a cost to participate?
- There is no cost for in-house counsel to participate in the Pitch Session Network.
- Law firm attorneys that are interested in participating in the Pitch Session Network must be employees of MCCA member law firms (or pre-approved affiliate affinity organizations) and must be registered for the 2018 Creating Pathways to Diversity Conference.
- For more information on registration, click here.
- Legal service vendors (non-law firms) must be 2018 Creating Pathways to Diversity Conference sponsors in order to participate in the Pitch Session Network.
- For more information on sponsorship, click here.
What is the format for a Pitch Session meeting?
Each Pitch Session meeting will be 30 minutes. There will be a 5-minute warning before the end of each meeting and if you arrive late to your scheduled meeting time, the meeting will not be extended. The session schedule will be strictly adhered to in order to ensure everyone meets as scheduled.
MCCA reserves the right to:
- Determine the availability of diverse law firm attorneys and in-house counsel applicants; and
- Limit the number of diverse law firm attorneys to the in-house counsel participant.