2019 Creating Pathways to Diversity® Conference
The Creating Pathways to Diversity® Conference focuses on global diversity and inclusion, talent optimization, inclusive leadership and management to bolster the recruitment, retention and promotion of diverse attorneys. The program offers practical development tools, best practices and resources for individual lawyers and organizations. For individuals, there are workshops to improve rainmaking and business development skills, including the MCCA Pitch Session Network. The Pitch Session Network allows corporate law departments to directly connect with diverse attorneys, diversify their service client portfolios and assist in holding law firms and legal service providers accountable for their diversity efforts. For organizations, expert panels address areas for improved execution of a diversity and inclusion strategy. All of these programs provide opportunities for networking and advancing the careers of diverse attorneys.
Please add email@example.com to your Address Book or Contacts to receive your confirmation email and any future communications regarding the Creating Pathways to Diversity® Conference.
October 14-16, 2019
New York Hilton Midtown
1335 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10019
The MCCA discounted room block is first come, first serve. The room block will close on September 11, 2019.
New York Hilton Midtown
You recognize the value of attending the Creating Pathways to Diversity® Conference, but how do you convey that message to your manager? With budgetary constraints and increased scrutiny on business travel, gaining approval to attend conferences can sometimes pose a challenge. It is important to demonstrate the benefits of attending in order to justify the expense. Use MCCA’s Creating Pathways to Diversity® Conference Justification Toolkit to help you make the ask, prepare for the Pathways Conference, and get the most from our conference and your membership.
Registration and Fees
Early Bird Rates are available until May 31, 2019.
|Registration Date||In-House||Law Firms||Government/|
|Early-Bird (before May 31)||$650||$800||$650||$900||$1,100||$1,100|
|Regular (June 1 - Oct. 13)||$800||$950||$650||$1,050||$1,300||$1,300|
|On-Site Registration (Oct. 14-16)||$900||$1,200||$850||$1,100||$1,500||$1,500|
All Major Credit Cards accepted.
MCCA Law Firm Members and Corporate Members: Please note as part of your company’s/firm’s membership benefits you may be entitled to a complimentary registration or a member discount rate for the conference registration.
For member complimentary registrations, members must obtain their complimentary codes from their “Company/Firm” and use them during registration. The complimentary codes should be entered in the discount code field at the Payment Page and members must click “Apply Now” to zero their balance.
For member discount rates to apply, members must select their “Company/Firm” from a drop down in Custom Information during the registration process. The member discount rate will automatically be applied at the Payment page.
For any questions or inquires, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations & Substitutions
- All cancellations MUST be received in writing.
- Cancellations received before the “Early-Bird” deadline will be fully refunded minus a $100.00 administrative fee.
- Cancellations received after the “Early-Bird” deadline but no later than 72 hours prior to the first date of an MCCA conference may, at MCCA’s discretion made on a case-by-case basis, apply a credit in the amount paid for the 2019 Creating Pathways to Diversity® Conference towards attendance to MCCA’s 2020 Creating Pathways to Diversity® Conference.
- There will be NO refunds or credits for cancellations received less than 72 hours prior to the first date of the MCCA Conference.
- Any approved credits will be processed after the MCCA conference.
- An organization may substitute one paid participant for another participant from the same organization.
- Cancellations and requests for substitutions must be submitted to email@example.com.
Financial Hardship Policy
This financial hardship policy applies to attorneys from MCCA member organizations, non-member organizations, or attorneys in public service. Attorneys who are unable to afford event registration fees due to financial hardship may petition for registration fee waivers or discounted registration fees. Full scholarships and discounts to attend MCCA’s conference are given priority to pro bono attorneys, judges, law professors, lawyers who work for nonprofit organizations, legal services organizations or government agencies, and unemployed attorneys with financial hardships. MCCA may waive or reduce the registration fee for MCCA conference at their discretion.
- MCCA will review applications on a rolling basis.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Full scholarship or reduced registration fees will not be granted retroactively.
- Full scholarship or reduced registration fees are non-transferable from event to event or person to person.
- MCCA will not review applications that are not submitted via the official application form.
To apply for the financial hardship scholarship, please click here to complete the application.
Any special needs for facilities, visual aids or dietary requirements must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
Click here to review the MCCA Conference Registration General Terms and Conditions.