The Minority Corporate Counsel Association holds exceptional events and conferences throughout the year that focus on networking, career development, education and job training. Attendees learn, connect and are inspired. Below is a list of our upcoming events and programs. We hope to see you there.
February – December 2021 @ 2:00 – 3:00 PM ET | Webinar
Black women are three to four times more likely to die from pregnancy-related causes than white women. Most of these deaths are preventable. Join our panel of experts for a discussion on racial disparities in maternal health care and how to end them.
The Leading While Black webinar series encompasses the following elements:
- Identifies challenges and counter strategies that are unique to black in house counsel
- Articulate the competencies that are most relevant at various stages in the career of in house counsel
- Provide specific steps to identify and work with mentors, sponsors and advisors
- Explore strategies to overcome career derailers for black in house counsel
- Provide thoughtful commentary on the emotional weight carried by many black in-house counsel
We are proud to announce that MCCA has partnered with the Equilar Diversity Network (EDN) to launch a data campaign to aggregate additional measures of diversity, specifically race/ethnicity. We’d like to invite MCCA members to participate in this important campaign, and encourage you to ask your executive and board member colleagues to do the same, to increase transparency around ethnic representation on corporate boards and the C-suite.
Members can claim their profiles on Equilar’s BoardEdge platform, which hosts more than 500,000 executive and board member profiles for board search opportunities. By self-selecting ethnicity, participants are supporting a data-driven approach to increase board diversity while also making profiles more accessible when diverse candidates are searched.
In partnership with Equilar, we’ll be releasing a report this fall on our progress. We hope you take a moment to participate, and we look forward to continuing our important work together.