Company: Richards, Layton & Finger
Position: Environmental/Transactional Associate
Location: Wilmington, DE
Description: We are seeking an experienced (3-5 years) multi-faceted and dynamic lawyer to fill a position in our Business Department, with additional skills and interest to support environmental permitting, compliance and enforcement litigation.
The ideal candidate will work on real estate, M&A and corporate transactions in connection with acquisitions and financing, and work with sellers, buyers and lenders. The ideal candidate will also support permitting, compliance and site remediation activities, and provide subject matter expertise in environmental litigation.
Contact: If interested, send cover letter, resume and law school transcript to Joni L. Peet, Director of Lawyer Hiring at firstname.lastname@example.org or via U.S. Mail to Joni L. Peet, Richards, Layton & Finger, 920 N King St., Wilmington, DE 19801
Requirements of the position:
- Ability to negotiate the environmental-related terms of purchase and sale agreements, asset purchase agreements and DIP transactions, liability transfer documents and environmental insurance policies;
- Ability to conduct real estate and environmental due diligence;
- Knowledge of land titles, deeds, title abstracts and title polices as used in real estate transactions;
- Ability to assist clients in making the best business decisions and to avoid potential liability;
- Ability to work with clients and consultants to assess environmental risk of properties and mitigation measures;
- Ability to advise on environmental permitting and compliance matters, and administrative agency procedures and requirements; and
- Ability to advise and support clients in environmental litigation matters.
Delaware Bar is preferred, not required, but candidate would be required to sit for the Delaware bar exam in July 2019.