Position: Counsel- Global Markets
Company: Bank of New York Mellon
Location: New York City
Description: BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating ISDA Master Agreements, Credit Support Annexes and ancillary documentation (governed by English and New York law)
- Creating reviewing and revising templates and negotiation guides for ISDA Master Agreements, Credit Support Annexes and ancillary documentation
- Reviewing and or drafting policies and procedures related to contract negotiation and netting and collateral enforceability
- Reviewing netting and collateral opinions to set netting and collateral flags and to draft additional bespoke provisions of particular jurisdictions or counterparty types.
- Keep abreast of bank industry developments and review/revise internal policies and procedures, as needed to comply with legal developments
- Prepare materials for and communicate with bank regulators
- Liaising with relevant internal stakeholders (including but not limited to trading, sales, credit, treasury and tax) as needed.
Contact: Lisa Pinelli, Vice President-Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor/ Legal Affairs, Bank of New York Mellon
- 3-5 years of experience at a law firm or large financial institution dealing with derivatives
- Experience with ISDA Master Agreements and other industry standard trading agreements
- Knowledge of regulations under the CFTC, OCC, Federal Reserve, Basel Committee on Banking and Supervision, and the Prudential Conduct Authority/Prudential Regulation Authority
- Detail oriented, with ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain collaborative working environment with legal members and internal business teams
- Law degree (J.D.) and licensed to practice law in New York