Company: Aon plc
Position: Compliance Officer, Commercial Risk Solutions
Location: Chicago, IL preferable
Description: Aon is looking for a Compliance Officer for its U.S. Commercial Risk Solutions businesses who will be responsible for the compliance strategy and program for the Commercial Risk and related businesses in the U.S. The position will also be involved with the overall North America compliance strategy.
Key accountabilities include the creation and management of a compliance program for the US Commercial Risk and related businesses, partnering with the Chief Compliance Officer, North America and the North American and global Compliance team to develop and implement compliance strategy, process, and programs to support the compliance requirements for the Commercial Risk business, leading compliance work streams for new Commercial Risk initiatives, driving compliance with applicable regulation, including compliance with applicable regulation regarding commission and compensation and communicating with state insurers where required in response to queries, investigations, etc.
The position is located in Chicago, IL, however we will consider candidates in other locations in the U.S.
- Significant experience (6+ years preferred) in compliance with a property & casualty
- Law degree preferred but not required
- Strong leadership skills with ability to establish rapport and credibility at all levels of the organization
- Exemplary influencing and negotiating skills combined with a diplomatic and consultative approach
- Excellent communicator
- Proven ability to work cross-culturally and bridge cultural barriers and communicate effectively at both local and global levels
- A team player, enthusiastic, energetic, pro-active, responsive and client focused