MCCA sends out an email blast of Hot Job announcements to our network on the last Friday of every month. The positions listed in the Hot Jobs announcements are open to all MCCA member companies and law firms. All others wishing to advertise their open positions to our diverse network may post them through MCCA’s Job Bank.
This Hot Jobs announcement email service is provided in addition to the MCCA Job Bank. Employers have access to a host of tools and features and will be able to post new positions for the low price of $300 for MCCA Members and $400 for MCCA Non-Members.
Past Monthly Hot Jobs
Please visit the MCCA Job Bank at http://jobbank.mcca.com to post your open position and look for your next opportunity today!
If your company or law firm is a member of MCCA and you would like to submit a job announcement to be included in MCCA’s exclusive Hot Jobs email blast, please email MCCA, at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the requisite form. All forms must be submitted by 5:00 pm EST on the 20th of the month before the listings are to be sent.
Hot Jobs – December 2018
Position: Ethics & Compliance Senior Manager
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Description: We are seeking an enthusiastic Senior Manager within our Governance and Operations E&C team. Our responsibilities include global trainings and communications, business courtesies, risk assessments, partner vetting, compliance policies, annual planning, strategic projects, and governance. You will report to the Director of Governance and Operations and will work side by side with other Compliance Managers to design and execute strategic initiatives and support ongoing activities. You love challenging the status quo, are a conceptual thinker, and know how to get stuff done.
- Advance VMware’s existing compliance risk assessment model. Collaborate with global team members and business partners to design a pragmatic approach to deploy and run.
- Drive compliance awareness through fresh communication strategies.
- Partner with HR, Marketing, Communications and others to craft custom communications through innovative approaches.
- Develop new training content alongside our Training Manager and seek new, engaging methods for effectively educating our global audience.
- Draft, review, revise, and implement E&C corporate policies.
- Connect dots across interrelated business processes and data sets to drive insights.
- Identify technology solutions and create dashboards to help manage budgets, compliance projects, annual planning, and drive open items to closure.
- Support other special projects, as needed.
Required Skills: Our business environment is constantly evolving and is filled with growth opportunities. We’re looking for someone with passion, integrity and authenticity to help us take compliance to the next level.
- You are a highly-motivated self-starter with excellent judgment, professional maturity, flexibility and confidence.
- You have a solid understanding of anti-corruption principles and the key elements of an effective compliance program.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Accounting, Finance, Communications, or Marketing.
- You have ten or more years of relevant work experience in Ethics & Compliance programs, Internal Controls, Finance, or Risk Management.
- You manage projects and have a proven track record of sticking to deadlines.
- You are an excellent writer and enjoy the iterative editing process.
- You navigate Microsoft Excel with ease.
- Your subject matter expertise in sales cycles, marketing functions, third-party risk, or procure to pay processes will come in handy.
- You are familiar with emerging markets and their compliance risk profile.
- Certifications would be nice but are not required: CPA, CCEP, CFE.
Position: Privacy Lawyer
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Description: You will be a member of the Privacy Legal Team Product Technology and Law/Privacy Group. We provide global privacy advice to the company in all aspects of the business and support the R&D, CTO and Marketing teams. We strive for a deep understanding of company’s business objectives and products and services to be able provide practical, strategic assistance as the companyit navigates the evolving legal landscape.
Job Role and Responsibility
You are responsible for handling a wide range of privacy and product related matters, including following:
- Conduct data privacy risk assessments of products and service offerings and cultivate privacy by design and alignment with applicable legal requirements and corporate data protection policies and standards.
- Conduct risk assessments and provide data protection advice on third party data processors and vendor transactions and new programs.
- Support the maintenance of a global corporate data privacy program and compliance standards working in close collaboration with the wider Data Privacy Office team.
- Analyze and assist in developing policy positions on data and privacy protection legislation in the United States.
- Advise on the requirements and restrictions for international transfer of personal data and its contracting parties in the context of European data processing and information transfers, including the use of mechanisms such as BCRs and Privacy Shield.
- Advise on appropriate data protection terms for vendors, supplier, customer and employee agreements, as well as RFP’s, bids, and strategic business partnerships.
- Negotiate data protection and privacy terms in agreements with vendors and suppliers who provide services and technology to VMware’s R&D teams, including inbound license agreements and data protection agreements.
- Negotiate agreements that support strategic technology relationships.
- Support commercial attorneys handling customer negotiations relating to privacy questions.
- Collaborate with and support other lawyers with respect to legal forms, agreements, policies and notices to protect commercial and legal position in relation to data privacy requirements.
- Draft and update both internal and external privacy policies and notices.
- Advise on data subject access requests.
- Support critical incident management processes in addressing suspected or actual data privacy and security incidents.
- Develop training materials for legal staff, management and employees relating to data privacy, including key legal issues, laws and regulations, corporate policies and other relevant matters.
- Teach and mentor attorneys who are interested in developing privacy law skills.
- Some limited travel may be required as part of the role.
- Qualified to practice law in the United States
- A minimum of three to five years of legal experience as a privacy lawyer
- Over 3 years legal experience with commercial and technology agreements
- Strong communication, negotiation and contract drafting skills
- Strong substantive knowledge of global privacy and data security laws, and global cybersecurity laws
- Consistent good judgment and ability to apply legal knowledge to help craft practical business solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical advice to clients
- Ability to handle a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and dedicatedly anticipating issues
- IAPP certification
- Experience working with software and SaaS providers