Hot Jobs – October 2018
Company: BlackRock, Inc.
Position: Vice President, Legal Counsel
Location: New York, NY
Description: BlackRock is seeking a lawyer in NY to be part of the in-house legal team covering trading and derivatives issues for BlackRock funds and accounts. The role will involve coverage of various investment products and business areas. Candidates should have a solid understanding of structured products and structured finance transactions and be able to review and negotiate related documentation such as offering memoranda, indentures, investment management agreements, collateral management agreements, security agreements, and legal opinion letters. In addition, the candidate should be able to review and negotiate ISDAs, complex confirmations relating to IRS, FX, equity, commodity and credit derivatives transactions. The role will also require the candidate to follow applicable regulatory developments affecting investment and trading and to assist with the implementation of new rules and regulations.
Candidates should be able to work effectively within a team environment, but also be self-directed and able to work autonomously.
Key Job Responsibilities:
This position is part of the U.S. legal team responsible for coverage of BlackRock’s trading activity, and will assist with tasks such as:
- Supporting trading in various products, including negotiation of transaction related documentation including offering memoranda, indentures, collateral management agreements and legal opinion letters;
- Supporting trading in various products, including negotiation of standard industry agreements such as ISDAs, CDEAs and Master Confirmation Agreements, as well as analysis and negotiation of confirmations of equity, FX, commodity and credit derivatives transactions;
- Assisting with implementation of applicable rules and regulation; and
- Special projects as required.
- 4 plus years of experience as an attorney with a law firm or in-house at a financial services company
- Experience with financial transaction documentation such as offering memoranda, indentures, investment management agreements, collateral management agreements and related legal opinion letters;
- Experience with industry standard trading agreements such as the ISDA, CDEAs and confirmations for equity, commodity and credit derivatives as well as IRS and FX transactions and other related documentation;
- Excellent organizational, negotiating and inter-personal skills; and
- Solutions oriented, strategic thinker, ability to understand the business needs and partner with the business and control functions.
Company: Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck, LLP
Position: Employment Law Attorney (3-5 years)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Description: Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck, LLP, a nationally recognized AV-rated® firm of 150+ attorneys across 13 offices, is seeking a mid-level Employment Law associate for its Philadelphia office.
KDV’s Labor and Employment practice includes employment discrimination, workplace harassment, wage and hour defense, as well as traditional labor law matters. Our attorneys represent private companies, as well as insurance carriers and their insureds before state and federal courts, the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the United States Department of Labor, the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission (PHRC), and the National Labor Relations Board. KDV provides a friendly, respectful and intellectual work environment. Our attorneys consistently earn accolades for excellent lawyering and client service. We are a diverse and progressive law firm, offering growth, leadership and educational opportunities to all of our team members.
- 3-5 years employment litigation experience, including discrimination, harassment, wage & hour and employment contract cases.
- A working knowledge of traditional labor law and the substantive and procedural rules of the NLRB are a plus.
- Familiarity with federal and state employment statutes.
- Ideal candidates should have experience developing strategy, drafting pleadings, taking/defending depositions, arguing motions and the capability of working independently.
- Experience providing advice and counsel on workplace law issues, including employee relations, mitigation of risk, ADA and other workplace accommodation, employment agreements,
reductions-in-force, and employment-related policies is also beneficial.
- Must possess strong academic credentials and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Admission to practice law in Pennsylvania is required.
Company: Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck, LLP
Position: Insurance Coverage Attorney
Location: Chicago, IL
Description: Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck LLP, a nationally recognized AV-rated® firm of 150+ attorneys across 13 offices, is looking for two insurance coverage associates — one with 2 to 4 years of experience and one with 5 to 8 years of experience — to join its Chicago office.
- Evaluate and advise clients on coverage obligations for first- and third-party insurance matters, primarily for Errors & Omissions, Employment Practices Liability, and Commercial General Liability insurance coverages
- Draft and review coverage opinions
- Draft memoranda and reservation of rights letters
- 2 to 8 years of experience working on complex insurance coverage matters (financial institutions and professional liability experience a plus)
- Superior legal research, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent academic credentials
- Admission to the Illinois Bar
- In good standing with the ARDC