MCCA sends out an email blast of Hot Job announcements to our network on the last Friday of every month. The positions listed in the Hot Jobs announcements are open to all MCCA member companies and law firms. All others wishing to advertise their open positions to our diverse network may post them through MCCA’s Job Bank.
This Hot Jobs announcement email service is provided in addition to the MCCA Job Bank. Employers have access to a host of tools and features and will be able to post new positions for the low price of $300 for MCCA Members and $400 for MCCA Non-Members.
Past Monthly Hot Jobs
Please visit the MCCA Job Bank at http://jobbank.mcca.com to post your open position and look for your next opportunity today!
If your company or law firm is a member of MCCA and you would like to submit a job announcement to be included in MCCA’s exclusive Hot Jobs email blast, please email MCCA, at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the requisite form. All forms must be submitted by 5:00 pm EST on the 20th of the month before the listings are to be sent.
Hot Jobs – November 2018
Position: Corporate Counsel, Amazon Studios Latin America
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Description: The Amazon Studios Legal Affairs team has an opening for a Corporate Counsel who will handle all legal aspects of development, production, and marketing of original TV content in support of Amazon’s rapidly expanding scripted and unscripted television initiatives in Latin America.
- Managing all legal matters during the course of development, production, and marketing and helping to develop forms and policies
- Structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide range of complicated agreements such as: rights option and acquisition agreements, writer agreements, producer agreements, production services agreements, co-financing agreements, above-the-line talent agreements, documentary and reality participant and access agreements, below-the-line crew agreements, and other production related agreements
- Evaluating rights issues, confirming chain of title and handling clearance matters, guild issues, standards and practices review, and promotion and publicity issues
- Analyzing and interpreting contracts and providing thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of international legal areas, including intellectual property, digital media, entertainment and labor, rights of publicity, and regulatory compliance
Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and membership in good standing in at least one state bar
- 5+ years of attorney experience in television development, production, and marketing, including drafting and negotiating contracts
- Prior job with a studio, production company, or an entertainment and media law firm
- Spanish language fluency
- Strong legal and business judgment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and coordinate complex issues and projects with diverse levels of management and employees
- Excellent ability to analyze and assess business processes, spot issues and propose/implement solutions
- Ability to function autonomously yet communicate laterally and upwardly with ease
Position: Corporate Counsel
Location: Seattle, WA
Description: Amazon’s Kindle, Web Services and Consumer/B2B retail businesses are seeking talented attorneys for Corporate Counsel positions. These attorneys will partner with the legal team and their business operations clients to achieve operational excellence, ensure compliance with state and federal regulators, consider legal issues of first impression and move strategic deals through to completion.
Amazon is a leader in global e-commerce. Our innovative technologies change the way people find, discover and buy products and services. Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging and exciting. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily business.
Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
Principal duties include:
- Structuring, drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, including technology, distribution, licensing and marketing contracts
- Providing ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal areas, such as intellectual property, digital media and regulatory compliance
- Product or service counseling support
- Serving as lead counsel and directly advising business clients on strategic deals
- Resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries
- Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree from a top law school and membership in one state bar is required
- At least 5 full years of legal experience (with at least two years at a law firm) as a transactional attorney, preferably with some portion of that experience in technology and commercial transactions
- Strong communication, analytical and computer skills
- In-house experience is a plus
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Company: Cantor Fitzgerald
Position: Vice President, Assistant General Counsel – Litigation
Location: New York, NY
Description: Cantor Fitzgerald, a global financial services firm headquartered in New York, is seeking a litigator with at least 5-15 years of experience to join our dynamic 10 person, in-house trial team. The position reports to the Deputy General Counsel, Global Head of Litigation. The firm’s litigators handle “first chair” over 60 litigation matters, including business dispute and commercial litigation in State and Federal Courts and in arbitration, including those arising in the employment context. In addition, the team works closely with external local trial counsel, partnering with them to litigate and ultimately try cases throughout the country. The firm’s litigators also focus on internal investigations, and serve on teams to defend the company in investigators led by our regulators. Prior experience in financial services and/or real estate brokerage is a plus. A successful candidate is one who thrives in a team environment, while working well independently. Candidate will be trained to ultimately “first chair” trials and arbitrations, and will have significant client and hands-on litigation and trial experience.
Contact: Michael S. Popok, Managing Director, Deputy General Counsel, email@example.com
- At least 5 years of high-end litigation experience.
- Ethics, work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and strong-interpersonal skills and professional maturity required.
- Ideal candidate has successful experience developing and implementing a “winning” strategy for cases.
- Ability to work in a high “velocity” legal and business environment.
- Must possess strong academic credentials and strong oral and written advocacy skills
- Big firm training and/or federal law clerk experience a plus.
- Commitment to civic, charitable and/or pro bono activities is looked upon favorably.
- New York bar membership a must.
Company: McGuireWoods LLP
Position: Business & Securities Litigation Associate
Location: Houston, TX
Description: The Houston office of McGuireWoods seeks a 3rd – 5th year associate for the Business & Securities Litigation department. Qualified candidates will have litigation experience or experience as a federal judicial clerk. Excellent academic credentials required. Please submit cover letter, resume and law school transcript.Disclaimer: At this time, McGuireWoods will not be accepting applicants submitted through search firms or headhunters for this position. All qualified candidates must submit their own applications for consideration. Please reference Req #1182.
Qualifications: Qualified candidates will have litigation experience or experience as a federal judicial clerk. Excellent academic credentials required.
Company: McGuireWoods LLP
Position: E-Discovery Staff Attorney
Location: Charlotte, NC
Description: The Charlotte office of McGuireWoods seeks an E-Discovery Staff Attorney with 2+ years of litigation experience and 2+ years of e-discovery experience. Manage discovery start to finish from preservation through review and production and creation of privilege logs. Tasks include advising the client on preservation issues and assisting with the implementation of the hold; interviewing witnesses to assess the scope and volume of documents to collect; evaluating discovery requests and objections to those requests; working with the case team to determine the proper and proportional scope of discovery; and managing the collection, review and production of documents.
Keep the case team abreast of progress during discovery operations, report on work that has been accomplished, work remaining and estimated costs and timetables for completion. Help determine, document and execute project planning, scheduling and technical requirements. Work with the case team, the client, Litigation Support, document review services and vendors, to define the project’s budges, goals and objectives and develop a plan for achieving these tasks. Must understand the substantive aspects of the litigation and have practical experience managing large e-discovery projects. Must also have substantial experience with Relativity and know how to work in the tool, perform searches, etc. Take ownership for this process, shepherding the project through the planning, collection, processing, review and production, including the ultimate use of productions in depositions, motions practice and trial. Assist the case team in developing the facts of the case, interviewing witnesses and transferring this information to the document review team.
Will be flexible and able to adapt to the unexpected, navigate difficult deadlines and manage the many internal and external participants in the process. Must be licensed to practice law in North Carolina. Experience with Relativity and other review platforms expected. Significant experience managing e-discovery projects a plus. Please submit cover letter, resume and transcript. Disclaimer: At this time, McGuireWoods will not be accepting applicants submitted through search firms or headhunters for this position. All qualified candidates must submit their own applications for consideration. Please reference Req # 1391.
Qualifications: Must be licensed to practice law in North Carolina. Experience with Relativity and other review platforms expected. Significant experience managing e-discovery projects a plus.