MCCA Rising Stars
The 2021 Rising Stars Nominations are now open!
MCCA’s Rising Stars is an annual list featuring stellar attorneys whose accomplishments and dedication to the legal profession and to their community place them among those “attorneys to watch”. The MCCA Rising Stars may be at varying stages in their careers, but they all possess the love of law, ambition, and pursuit of excellence, while possessing a compassion for those in need and a strong desire to give back to others.
Selected Rising Stars will be profiled and recognized on our website and social media throughout the year and honored at our 2021 Creating Pathways to Diversity Conference on October 12. The profiles of all the past Rising Star honorees can be found below and their sponsored spotlight videos can be found here.
Our goal is for the honorees to embody a wide representation, including race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, attorneys with disabilities, geographic location and practice area.
The deadline for nominations is Wednesday, March 31, 2021. We will not accept late or incomplete nominations.
Eligibility Requirements for MCCA’s Rising Stars:
- Past MCCA Rising Stars are NOT eligible
- Past nominees who were NOT selected ARE encouraged to reapply.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in the legal profession.
- Show outstanding achievement and leadership in the legal profession.
- Demonstrate a deep commitment to diversity, inclusion & equity; community service and pro bono work.
- There is no age requirement or limit.
- Companies and law firms may nominate more than one attorney, but only one may be chosen from that company or firm.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
2020 Rising Stars
Deputy General Counsel & Information Governance Counsel,
Norfolk Southern Corporation
Associate Vice President, Litigation Employment Department,