MCCA Rising Stars
MCCA’s Rising Stars is an annual list featuring stellar attorneys whose accomplishments and dedication to the legal profession and to their community place them among those “attorneys to watch”. The MCCA Rising Stars may be of different ages and at varying stages in their careers, but they all possess the love of law, ambition, and pursuit of excellence, while possessing a compassion for those in need and a strong desire to give back to others.
The 2018 MCCA Rising Stars nomination form is now open! Since 2012, MCCA has recognized up-and-comers in the legal profession with the coveted MCCA Rising Stars award. We are looking for the next generation of attorneys who excel in the practice of law, demonstrate leadership skills in their current roles and give back to their communities.
If you know someone deserving of the honor, nominate them using the submission form here.
The ten honorees will be profiled in MCCA’S flagship publication Diversity & the Bar® and will be honored as an MCCA Rising Star at our annual Creating Pathways to Diversity Conference in New York on October 2, 2018.
All nominations must be submitted by April 30, 2018.
- Attorneys must have a minimum of eight years of experience in the legal profession.
- There is no age limit.
- The attorneys must show outstanding achievement in their profession and a deep commitment to community service. The nominee has added value to his or her legal department or law firm through:
- Anticipating and proactively preventing or approaching challenges;
- Leadership skills; and
- Pro bono and/or community service work.
- Self-nominating is acceptable.
- Companies and law firms may nominate more than one attorney, but only one may be chosen from that company or firm.
- Previous winners are not eligible.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered and inaccurate information will void the nomination.
What Makes Nominations Stand Out?
- A complete application that highlights the nominee’s achievements as an attorney and their contributions to community.
- Submitting letters of recommendation on behalf of the nominee is not a requirement, but it is strongly encouraged.
Questions should be directed to: Awards@mcca.com.