MCCA Rising Stars
Selected Rising Stars will be profiled and recognized on our website and social media throughout the year. The 2021 Rising Stars were honored at our 2021 Creating Pathways to Diversity Conference on October 12 and at the 2021 Diversity Gala on October 13.. The profiles of all the past Rising Star honorees can be found below and their sponsored spotlight videos can be found here.
Our goal is for the honorees to embody a wide representation, including race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, attorneys with disabilities, geographic location and practice area.
2021 Rising Stars
Lavonne Burke Hopkins
Sr. Managing Legal Director- Security & Resilency, Digital (IT),
Dell Technologies, LLC
Partner & Head of US Technology and Life Sciences M&A,
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
2020 Rising Stars
Deputy General Counsel & Information Governance Counsel,
Norfolk Southern Corporation
Associate Vice President, Litigation Employment Department,
Eligibility Requirements for MCCA’s Rising Stars:
- Past MCCA Rising Stars are NOT eligible
- Past nominees who were NOT selected ARE encouraged to reapply.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in the legal profession.
- Show outstanding achievement and leadership in the legal profession.
- Demonstrate a deep commitment to diversity, inclusion & equity; community service and pro bono work.
- There is no age requirement or limit.
- Companies and law firms may nominate more than one attorney, but only one may be chosen from that company or firm.
- Self-nominations are accepted.