MCCA Rising Stars
MCCA’s Rising Stars is an annual list featuring stellar attorneys whose accomplishments and dedication to the legal profession and to their community place them among those “attorneys to watch”. The MCCA Rising Stars may be of different ages and at varying stages in their careers, but they all possess the love of law, ambition, and pursuit of excellence, while possessing a compassion for those in need and a strong desire to give back to others.
The 2018 MCCA Rising Stars nomination form is now closed. Nominations are under evaluation.
Selected honorees will be profiled in MCCA’S flagship publication Diversity & the Bar® and will be honored as an MCCA Rising Star at our annual Creating Pathways to Diversity Conference in New York on October 2, 2018.
Questions should be directed to: Awards@mcca.com.
Eligibility Requirements for MCCA’s Rising Stars
- Attorneys must have a minimum of eight years of experience in the legal profession.
- There is no age limit.
- The attorneys must show outstanding achievement in their profession and a deep commitment to community service. The nominee has added value to his or her legal department or law firm through:
- Anticipating and proactively preventing or approaching challenges;
- Leadership skills; and
- Pro bono and/or community service work.
- Self-nominating is acceptable.
- Companies and law firms may nominate more than one attorney, but only one may be chosen from that company or firm.
- Previous winners are not eligible.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered and inaccurate information will void the nomination.