Employer of Choice Award
MCCA’s vision is to make the next generation of legal leaders as diverse as the world we live in. One way we strive to accomplish this goal is to recognize and honor outstanding law departments that are leading the charge in change and helping diverse attorneys break through the concrete ceiling. The Employer of Choice Award (the “EOC”) is designed to spotlight industry-leading Fortune 1000 corporate legal departments who have succeeded in creating, implementing and maintaining a diverse and inclusive corporate legal department.
MCCA publicly recognizes those organizations that are successful at recruiting, retaining, and developing, today’s best and brightest legal talent as the Employer of Choice. The selection criteria include:
- alignment of diversity activities and principles with long-term, corporate-wide strategic initiatives;
- commitment from senior leadership that translates into measurable objectives at the business unit level;
- use of metrics and/or scorecards for accountability (impact, effectiveness and sustainability);
- compensation of senior management in the legal department tied to the results of diversity efforts;
- substantive training programs;
- demonstrated institutional implementation or design of policies and practices that support people in doing their best work and developing to their fullest potential;
- leadership through creating an environment that eliminates barriers to communication and encourages everyone’s contribution; and
- formal programs or policies that value, encourage, and enable individual attorney growth and improvement (e.g. mentoring, skills development seminars, etc.).
To see how nominations will be evaluated, download the scorecard template.
2017 EOC Award Winner
2017 EOC Award Finalists
American Express Company
New York, NY
Discover Financial Services
Duke Energy Corporation
Past EOC Honorees
The Employer of Choice Awards are presented at the MCCA Diversity Gala. Click below to view the complete list of our past EOC honorees.