Position: Attorney and Price Cost Test Specialist (Open)
Location: US: Oregon, Hillsboro; California, Folsom and Santa Clara
Description: Are you ready to take a leap into in-house practice? This is a great opportunity to leverage your legal and data analytics skills into an in-house position advising Intel’s sales and business operations group. As an Attorney and Price Cost Test Specialist (PCTS) on Intel’s Sales and Marketing Legal team you will be responsible for ensuring Intel prices its products above cost in accordance with Intel’s policies and legal requirements, and based on information provided by customer account teams and deal managers. For the first year or so, you will be responsible for analyzing sales contracts and translating incentive programs, and complex deal structures into analytical tools and spreadsheets. You will also advise on the creation of tools designed to automate price cost test processes. When the tool is launched, you will take on broader responsibilities such as creating and advising on sales process and procedures, sales strategy, pricing practices, and antitrust compliance. The work will be detailed, analytical, and require collaboration/communication skills across organizational boundaries. You will need to be able to think on your feet, exercise judgment in the face of ambiguity, and provide solutions based counseling.
Job responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Partner with sales and business operations teams to understand the impacts of current/proposed contracts.
- Review and interpret pricing agreements and translate contract clauses into to numeric values and formulas
- Issue spot and work with experts across the organization.
- Enter and manage data within an excel spreadsheet framework.
- Manage records to ensure legal compliance.
- Collaborate with data owners in finance, engineering, sales and sales operations.
- Create and provide training for clients on sales and pricing process.
- Help set requirements and provide counsel to teams developing sales process tools and processes.
- Proactively anticipate issues and successfully manage a diverse and complex workload with competing priorities.
- Pay attention to detail while communicating clearly, and concisely.
- Provide practical legal advice in the face of ambiguity
- JD and license to practice law in any U.S. state.
- An undergraduate degree and/or 2+ years of professional experience in accounting, economics, finance, data analytics, business/sales operations or other field requiring expertise in analyzing financial data.
- 2+ years of experience with Excel skills including comfort with complex formats and working across disparate data sources.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Having experience and familiarity with the following substantive areas is highly desired but not required:
- Antitrust experience or the willingness & ability to quickly ramp on antitrust law for sales and pricing practices.
- Databases, datacubes, Business Intelligence BI, and/or business analytic tools highly desired
- Experience with sales, purchase or marketing agreements.