Company: Walmart Legal
Position: Associate Counsel, Tort Litigation
Location: Bentonville, AR
What you’ll do at Walmart:
- Designing, implementing and monitoring corporate governance processes and procedures by developing and maintaining knowledge of the laws and corporate governance standards (for example, contract law, tax law, accounting, securities law, bankruptcy, intellectual property rights, licensing, zoning laws); and proceeding as required when on notice of a governance issue.
- Developing and fostering relationships as business partners with client by understanding the global business goals and objectives; providing business related input; monitoring operational and financial performance; and supporting the implementation of the company business objectives.
- Manages financial resources and processes by reviewing and approving invoices; and planning, forecasting, establishing, and managing budgets.
- Provides legal advice to the company by providing clients with an informed understanding of the client’s legal rights, obligations, and risks to allow the client to make informed decisions; developing strategies to respond to client’s legal issues; counseling clients regarding legal compliance and costs of business initiatives; developing and delivering training (for example, employment, antitrust); monitoring legislation and significant legal decisions; and representing the company before various administrative and judicial bodies.
Contact: To apply visit: https://careers.walmart.com/us/jobs/998159BR-associate-counsel-tort-litigation-bentonville-ar
- 7 years legal experience post-degree.
- Law degree from an accredited law school.
- License to practice law in at least one state.
- Experience working as a litigator in a civil defense law firm or corporate law department.
- Experience defending corporate clients in tort litigation (e.g. general liability, premises security, pharmacy, and products) and insurance defense, strongly preferred.