Position: Associate Corporate Counsel
Location: Austin, TX
Description: VMware is looking for a top-rate attorney to join its Worldwide Sales Legal Team. This position will be based in Austin. Our legal department is full of fearless legal innovators who are energetic, smart and business-minded on the professional front, and genuinely good people on the personal front. We love to add attorneys who maintain the highest business and professional standards and who aren’t afraid to bring their true selves to work each day.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements, including software licensing, support services, cloud computing, and nondisclosure agreements.
- Act as a fiduciary for the company, driving compliance in day-to-day sales activities, including providing training and counseling to sales professionals and coordinating with other groups within the VMware Legal Department on compliance matters.
- Assist with legal department projects as assigned, including efforts to develop, implement and enhance processes that improve transaction velocity without material increases in risk.
- Stay on top of changing regulations, laws and industry standards and effectively work with a variety of business stakeholders to develop and implement practices and standards that support innovation and growth while maintaining appropriate commercial risk.
- Anything else that gets thrown your way as needed to support a fast-pace, innovative company.
Contact: Tracey Tillette, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Three (3) to seven (7) years of transactional legal experience with big law firm or in-house with a tech company. In-house legal experience is preferred.
- High volume commercial transactions experience with a software company of similar size and scale to VMware, including experience with licensing and/or services sales agreements.
- An excellent negotiator who knows how to keep complex legal negotiations simple and clear.
- A practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident and calm under fire.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment and get the right things done.
- Knows how to write an email accurately and concisely. Strong interpersonal skills.
Education and Licenses:
- JD from an accredited U.S. law school required
- Member of a State Bar in good standing