Company: Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
Position: Antitrust Litigation Mid-Level/Senior Associate
Location: New York, NY or Washington, D.C.
Description: Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading international law firms, seeks to hire highly qualified junior and mid-level associates with prior law firm experience to join our Corporate & Business Transactions Practice in our Boston office.
Morgan Lewis’ antitrust practice involves a broad range of antitrust matters globally. It currently represents clients in the largest and most prominent government and private litigation matters in the technology, pharma and financial services industries. It has an active merger and non-merger agency practice in the U.S., as well as in Asia and Europe. It has pending numerous private and government cartel investigations and litigations. The firm also actively counsels clients across the antitrust board on joint ventures, new industry and client initiatives that raise competitive issues, on distribution matters, and on general compliance programs. The practice is cross-jurisdictional, with lawyers in London, Brussels, Frankfurt, Singapore, as well as in the U.S., with group members in New York, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Boston, San Francisco, and Chicago.
Morgan Lewis’ antitrust practice group is diverse. Our practice is committed to diversity & inclusion not only because it is the right thing to do, but also because it is integral to how we do business. It influences how we service clients, collaborate with colleagues, and how we engage the communities in which we live and practice. The strength of our antitrust group comes from the caliber of our lawyers. Our team consists of prominent criminal, civil, agency, and international lawyers who bring diverse backgrounds in investigations, merger clearance, and civil litigation—and years of hands-on experience—to our clients. Our cartel and government investigations lawyers have been involved in almost every major cartel investigation in recent history, and our merger control team is highly sought after for complex, multinational deals, often serving as special antitrust counsel for clients for whom the firm is not deal counsel.
The quality of Morgan Lewis’ practice is well-recognized, including:
- Ranked as a 2018 Competition Practice Group of the Year by Law360 and noted for reeling in a number of trophy-sized victories over the past year, winning dismissal of multidistrict and class action litigation against major corporations like Shell, Uber and Comcast.
- Named Law Firm of the Year for Antitrust Law in the 2017 edition of the Best Law Firms rankings, released annually by US News & World Report and Best Lawyers.
- Recognized as a leading practice by the distinguished Chambers USA, Chambers Europe, Legal 500 US and Benchmark Litigation guides, with 16 partners ranked in Chambers USA.
- Highlighted by Global Competition Review for the practice’s role in several notable litigation victories and highly scrutinized deals in 2017.
- The GCR 100 awarded the firm “elite” status in Massachusetts, “highly recommended” status in California and Washington, DC, and “recommended” status in Pennsylvania. In addition, the publication’s editorial commentaries cited the individual contributions of 13 of the antitrust practice’s leading partners.
- Nominated for 2018 GCR behavioral matters of the year for Europe and the Americas.
Learn more about our Antitrust Practice:
Learn more about our Firm, our commitment to diversity, and our commitment to excellence:
Contact: To apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, law school transcript, and a writing sample via our website: https://lawcruit.micronapps.com/sup/lc_supp_jobpost.aspx?%40Pl3%3cKWEX%40=1mg1&%3db8=8_CG
Candidates must possess at least five years’ antitrust litigation experience with strong substantive knowledge, excellent academic credentials, as well as strong organization, research, writing and analytic skills. Antitrust experience including advising clients on all phases of litigation required. Knowledge of economics is desirable but not required. Government experience also is desirable but not required. We value collegiality and diversity among our lawyers and seek to make the practice both professionally and personally rewarding. New York State or District of Columbia Bar membership required.