The Myth of the Meritocracy:
A Report on the Bridges and Barriers to Success in Large Law Firms
Table of Contents
- Introduction and Research Methodology
- Findings and Conclusions
- The Myth of the Meritocracy
- Purpose of Study
- Survey of Credentials of Nearly 2000 Partners
- Interviews with Power Players in the National Law Journal Top 250 Law Firms
- Research Team
- Partners - Credentials and Demographics
- What Do the Credentials Mean?
- Do Your Credentials Follow You?
- Choice of Law School – Help or Hindrance?
- The Brass Ring: Partnership
- Experience of Partners of Color
- Experience of Women Partners
- Barriers to Success from Creating Pathways to Diversity – Law Firm Recommended Practices
- US News & World Report – List of Top Law Schools – 2003
- US News & World Report – Tier 2 Law Schools – 2003
- Selected Bibliography
Copyright 2003 by the Minority Corporate Counsel Association All rights reserved No part of this document may be copied, reproduced, referenced without appropriate citation to MCCA, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including via the internet, without the written permission of MCCA