FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION
MCCA to Host 2015 Creating Pathways to Diversity® Conference
Leaders of Diversity in the Legal Community will be recognized with Ettlebrick and Vashon Innovator Awards
Washington, D.C.—The Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA) will begin its full-day Creating Pathways to Diversity® Conference in Washington, D.C. on Monday, June 29th, which offers comprehensive educational programs focused on global diversity, inclusive leadership and talent optimization. This premier diversity and inclusion conference hosts legal professionals and experts who offer practical development tools and resources for individual lawyers and organizations. For more information on featured speakers, visit Creating Pathways to Diversity®.
At this year’s Creating Pathways to Diversity® Conference, MCCA will also honor the following individuals and corporate leaders who have worked with dedication to advance diversity and inclusion in the legal profession:
Todd Sears, Founder and Principal of Out Leadershipwill receive the 2015 MCCA Ettlebrick Award at the Opening Plenary at 8:30 am in the Constitution Ballroom A&B.
Exelon Corporation, Huntington Ingalls Industries, Inc., and The Kozyak Minority Mentoring Foundationwill receive the 2015 MCCA Vashon Awards at the Lunch Plenary at 12:00 pm in the Constitution Ballroom A&B.
MCCA Networking Reception, featuring the 2015 “Rising Star” attorneys chosen by MCCAfor their stellar accomplishments and dedication to the legal field and to their respective communities, at 5:30pm in the Grand Foyer, Level 1B.
What: Minority Corporate Counsel Association’s Creating Pathways to Diversity® Conference
- Michelle Banks, Executive Vice President, Global General Counsel, Corporate Secretary & Chief Compliance Officer, Gap, Inc.
- Joseph K. West, President and CEO, Minority Corporate Counsel Association
- Todd Sears, Founder and Principal, Out Leadership, Paula L. Ettlebrick Awardee for LGBT Diversity and Inclusion Efforts
- Ryan K. Harding, Assistant General Counsel, Legal Operations and Administration, Exelon Business Services Company, George B. Vashon Awardee for Pipeline Initiative
- Bruce Hawthorne, Corporate Vice President and Chief Legal Officer, Huntington Ingalls Industries, Inc., George B. Vashon Awardee for Recruitment & Retention
- John Kozyak, Kozyak Minority Mentoring Foundation, George B. Vashon Awardee for Mentoring
- Sharon R. Barner, Vice President and General Counsel, Cummins, Inc.
- Robert Falk, General Counsel, Human Rights Campaign
- Khurram Nasir Gore, General Counsel, Personal Blackbox
- Michelle Ifill, Senior Vice President & General Counsel, Verizon
- Nancy Laben, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Sandra Leung, Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Gwen Marcus, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, Showtime
- Suzan A. Miller, Corporate Secretary, Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Intel Corporation
- Michael T. Williams, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, Staples, Inc.
Where: Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel
1000 H St. N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20001
When: Monday, June 29, 2015
8:30 AM- 7:00 PM ET
- All media must register with Gabi Huesca via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (202) 587-4946 to get conference credentials.
- Please note: no videography or recording devices are allowed on the hotel premises.