MCCA sends out an email blast of Hot Job announcements to our network on the last Friday of every month. The positions listed in the Hot Jobs announcements are open to all MCCA member companies and law firms. All others wishing to advertise their open positions to our diverse network may post them through MCCA’s Job Bank.
This Hot Jobs announcement email service is provided in addition to the MCCA Job Bank. Employers have access to a host of tools and features and will be able to post new positions for the low price of $300 for MCCA Members and $400 for MCCA Non-Members.
Past Monthly Hot Jobs
Please visit the MCCA Job Bank at http://jobbank.mcca.com to post your open position and look for your next opportunity today!
If your company or law firm is a member of MCCA and you would like to submit a job announcement to be included in MCCA’s exclusive Hot Jobs email blast, please email MCCA, at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the requisite form. All forms must be submitted by 5:00 pm EST on the 20th of the month before the listings are to be sent.
Hot Jobs – June 2018
Position: Associate – Private Equity Mergers & Acquisitions (PEMA)
Location: Boston, MA
Description: The Boston office of Proskauer is looking for an associate with 4-6 years of sophisticated transactional experience in matters involving private equity, growth equity and mergers and acquisitions. Experience should include general corporate and business law, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions and private company equity arrangements. High level of academic achievement, substantial deal experience and the ability to work effectively as part of a team are required. The candidate must also have experience drafting primary and ancillary transaction documents, and a solid understanding of general corporate representations. Out of town relocations are welcome.
Qualifications: Class of 2012-2014
Position: Associate – Private Investment Funds (PIF)
Location: Boston or NY
Description: Mid-level associates (class 2013-2016) with private fund formation and related experience to join our leading global Private Investment Funds group, comprised of an energetic, interdisciplinary team of over 120 lawyers globally focused on advising leading alternative investment managers and institutional investors, with a particular emphasis on fund formation, portfolio investments, secondary transactions, regulatory, compliance and operational matters. Strong candidates with general corporate experience at top firms will also be considered; fund experience required for senior associate position. Seeking candidates to join either the New York or Boston offices.
Qualifications: Class of 2013-2016
Company: Robert Half Legal
Position: Assistant General Counsel
Location: Atlanta, GA
Description: The Assistant General Counsel will support the business by providing strategic legal advice on things such as product liability, intellectual property, employment & labor law, etc., and be able to manage issues with little supervision. Candidates for this role must be fluent in English and Korean.
The AGC will devise legal strategies and manage the company’s litigations (e.g., product liability cases, complex commercial litigation, employment lawsuits) and transactional legal work by actually doing most of the substantive work (e.g., writing briefs, court appearances, trying cases, negotiating settlements) that would otherwise be outsourced to law firms, thereby significantly reducing legal costs & expenses, while providing first-rate legal services. The AGC will also devise compliance strategies, create new compliance programs and implement them.
Contact: Drew Gadd, Recruiting Manager – RHL Atlanta-Buckhead, Office: 404.264.0810, E-mail: email@example.com
- Annual renewal of license to practice law in Georgia or other state(s)
- Must possess superb legal skills and expertise, so that they can actually do the work that would otherwise be outsourced to law firms. For instance, where applicable, Assistant General counsel must possess superb writing and oral skills to write legal briefs, negotiate complex settlements, make oral arguments before the court and even try cases
- Must possess strong initiatives as well as excellent management, team work, delegation and problem-solving abilities
- Although Assistant General Counsel must have legal expertise, they must be able to speak and write in plain English and Korean free of legal jargons and communicate effectively with non-lawyers, both inside and outside the company
- Must be able to interact effectively with foreign clients who are not familiar with the U.S. legal system and issues
- Must be able to come up with creative legal solutions to further the company’s business and strategic objectives
- Candidate must be fluent in English and Korean language (written and oral)
Education: Law – Juris Doctor
Experience: 7+ years and must have significant exposure to global legal issues and dealing with international clients.