Hot Jobs – June 2017
Position: Deputy General Counsel
Company: Keybank National Association
Location: Cleveland, OH
Description: KeyBank National Association has retained Major, Lindsey & Africa on an exclusive basis to conduct a search for a Deputy General Counsel to be located in Cleveland, OH.
The Deputy General Counsel of KeyBank will report to the General Counsel and be responsible for providing legal advice to management and the Board of Directors on corporate governance matters. Moreover, he or she will operate with considerable latitude in consulting, advising, and representing the company on a variety of highly complex legal, transactional and regulatory matters and projects related to corporate governance. He or she will provide counseling to management and the Board of Directors on the legal ramifications of significant company strategic imperatives. Leading a team of professionals, the Deputy General Counsel will play a critical support role with a path to assume the duties as Secretary to the Board and select Board committees on a timetable consistent with experience and governance acumen.
KeyBank is one of the nation’s largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the U.S. under the KeyBank Capital Markets trade name.
A highly competitive base salary and bonus, as well as equity.
Contact: Interested candidates please submit your resume (in MS Word) to KEYBANKDGC@mlaglobal.com.
At least 12 years of legal experience gained through a combination of major law firm and in-house experience as a public company general counsel or deputy general counsel (or senior managing in-house counsel at a public company), with significant experience in and in-depth knowledge of M&A transactions, securities law, and securities compliance and corporate disclosure matters (including ’34 Act periodic and annual reporting). In-house legal department management and leadership experience. Experience engaging with the Board of Directors and Board committees. Financial services industry experience would be welcomed but is not a prerequisite.
Cleveland, Ohio. This is a national search – the company will relocate the right candidate, if necessary.
Position: Senior Sales and Marketing Attorney
Location: US: Oregon, Hillsboro; California, Folsom and Santa Clara
Description: Join the team recognized as the 2016 Legal Department of the Year by The Recorder Magazine. Intel has an immediate opening for a Senior Attorney supporting Intel’s worldwide server systems sales group. This is an excellent opportunity to join a smart, creative team of lawyers counseling on complex global matters for a key and dynamic Intel sales group.
In this position, you will:
- Partner with business clients to develop and implement sales and marketing strategies for server systems;
- Counsel on sales, competition, commercial, pricing and marketing law matters;
- Draft and negotiate various sales, licensing, pricing, marketing, engineering and commercial terms agreements;
- Assist in the creation of policies and procedures supporting antitrust and sales best practices;
- Assist Intel’s Litigation and Legal Compliance teams on sales and marketing projects; and
- Develop and deliver client training and support compliance efforts.
- J.D. from an accredited law school;
- Current US state bar membership; and
- 7+ years of relevant legal experience.
Desirable Attributes and Skills:
- Previous in-house counsel experience supporting clients selling systems or devices;
- Ability to tightly integrate with clients, understand their objectives, and communicate clear, concise and practical legal advice;
- Familiarity with antitrust, commercial and marketing law;
- Strong communication, collaboration, influencing, drafting and negotiation skills;
- Excellent judgment and the ability to make decisions on complex legal issues and drive creative, risk-optimized business solutions;
- Demonstrated teaming and project management skills and ability to successfully work with attorneys and business clients across different geographies;
- Decisiveness and proven ability to function independently with minimal supervision; and
- Talent for proactively anticipating issues and successfully managing a diverse and complex workload with competing priorities.
Position: Attorney and Price Cost Test Specialist (Open)
Location: US: Oregon, Hillsboro; California, Folsom and Santa Clara
Description: Are you ready to take a leap into in-house practice? This is a great opportunity to leverage your legal and data analytics skills into an in-house position advising Intel’s sales and business operations group. As an Attorney and Price Cost Test Specialist (PCTS) on Intel’s Sales and Marketing Legal team you will be responsible for ensuring Intel prices its products above cost in accordance with Intel’s policies and legal requirements, and based on information provided by customer account teams and deal managers. For the first year or so, you will be responsible for analyzing sales contracts and translating incentive programs, and complex deal structures into analytical tools and spreadsheets. You will also advise on the creation of tools designed to automate price cost test processes. When the tool is launched, you will take on broader responsibilities such as creating and advising on sales process and procedures, sales strategy, pricing practices, and antitrust compliance. The work will be detailed, analytical, and require collaboration/communication skills across organizational boundaries. You will need to be able to think on your feet, exercise judgment in the face of ambiguity, and provide solutions based counseling.
Job responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Partner with sales and business operations teams to understand the impacts of current/proposed contracts.
- Review and interpret pricing agreements and translate contract clauses into to numeric values and formulas
- Issue spot and work with experts across the organization.
- Enter and manage data within an excel spreadsheet framework.
- Manage records to ensure legal compliance.
- Collaborate with data owners in finance, engineering, sales and sales operations.
- Create and provide training for clients on sales and pricing process.
- Help set requirements and provide counsel to teams developing sales process tools and processes.
- Proactively anticipate issues and successfully manage a diverse and complex workload with competing priorities.
- Pay attention to detail while communicating clearly, and concisely.
- Provide practical legal advice in the face of ambiguity
- JD and license to practice law in any U.S. state.
- An undergraduate degree and/or 2+ years of professional experience in accounting, economics, finance, data analytics, business/sales operations or other field requiring expertise in analyzing financial data.
- 2+ years of experience with Excel skills including comfort with complex formats and working across disparate data sources.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Having experience and familiarity with the following substantive areas is highly desired but not required:
- Antitrust experience or the willingness & ability to quickly ramp on antitrust law for sales and pricing practices.
- Databases, datacubes, Business Intelligence BI, and/or business analytic tools highly desired
- Experience with sales, purchase or marketing agreements.
Position: Bilingual Counsel or Associate
Company: McGuireWoods LLP
Location: Charlotte, NC
Description: The Charlotte office of McGuireWoods seeks a counsel or associate who is highly fluent in Spanish. Qualified candidates will have 2+ years of experience. Excellent academic credentials and writing skills required. Position will include reviewing documents and legal drafting. Open to other locations where McGuireWoods has an office. Please submit cover letter, resume and law school transcript. Disclaimer: At this time, McGuireWoods will not be accepting applicants submitted through search firms or headhunters for this position. All qualified candidates must submit their own applications for consideration.
Qualifications: Qualified candidates will have 2+ years of experience. Excellent academic credentials and writing skills required.
Position: Labor & Employment Associate
Company: McGuireWoods LLP
Location: Dallas, TX
Description: The Dallas office of McGuireWoods seeks an associate for the Labor & Employment Department. Qualified candidates will have 2-3 years of litigation (preferably employment litigation) experience. The ideal candidate will have experience drafting pleadings, declaration gathering and taking depositions. Candidates must possess strong academic credentials as well as strong organization, writing and communication skills. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and fast growing office. Please submit cover letter, resume, transcript and writing sample. Disclaimer: Search firms with a current preferred agreement in place with McGuireWoods LLP may submit resumes directly to Recruiting Manager. All other unsolicited submissions by search firms will be deemed not accepted.
Qualifications: Qualified candidates will have 2-3 years of litigation (preferably employment litigation) experience.