MCCA sends out an email blast of Hot Job announcements to our network on the last Friday of every month. The positions listed in the Hot Jobs announcements are open to all MCCA member companies and law firms. All others wishing to advertise their open positions to our diverse network may post them through MCCA’s Job Bank.
This Hot Jobs announcement email service is provided in addition to the MCCA Job Bank. Employers have access to a host of tools and features and will be able to post new positions for the low price of $300 for MCCA Members and $400 for MCCA Non-Members.
Past Monthly Hot Jobs
Please visit the MCCA Job Bank at http://jobbank.mcca.com to post your open position and look for your next opportunity today!
If your company or law firm is a member of MCCA and you would like to submit a job announcement to be included in MCCA’s exclusive Hot Jobs email blast, please email MCCA, at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the requisite form. All forms must be submitted by 5:00 pm EST on the 20th of the month before the listings are to be sent.
Hot Jobs – May 2018
Company: Airlines for America
Position: Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
Location: Washington, DC
Description: The Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary will function as a key member of the senior leadership team and will report to the President and CEO. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that A4A operates in compliance with applicable federal, local, and international laws; providing high-quality analysis of legal, regulatory, and policy initiatives affecting member airlines and developing recommendations for industry response or positions; developing positive relationships with counterparts at key federal agencies in support of advocacy priorities; proactively advocating industry positions before federal, state and local bodies; and litigating to uphold member rights under federal, international, and state law. The ability to blend into a high functioning senior leadership team will be a critical factor in choosing a candidate.
S/he will participate in the formulation of proactive initiatives to address the developing needs of the members, and advance the organization’s mission, goals, and vision. S/he will effectively lead a high-performing and collaborative legal team, ensuring their accountability to the strategic goals of A4A.
Specifically, the Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary is responsible for:
- Legal and Corporate Governance. Provide substantive analysis and counsel to the President and CEO, senior management and Board of Directors (Board) on a variety of legal, regulatory, and policy issues. Oversee A4A’s legal activities and coordinate regulatory compliance to ensure projects and activities are conducted in accordance with applicable federal, state, and international laws and regulations.
- Staff Leadership. Lead, mentor, empower, and develop a cohesive, collaborative legal team that is closely aligned with the overall goals of the organization and needs of its members. Lead and foster a climate of cross-collaboration with other organizational departments. Educate staff about compliance requirements regarding lobbying ethics rules and campaign finance rules. Empower staff to provide effective legal and regulatory services to internal clients and members.
- External Affairs. Develop and maintain positive relationships with key agency legal and regulatory officials. Also develop and maintain positive relationships with A4A-member general counsels and their teams, and effectively manage the A4A Law Council and related Committees so that these are aligned and a proactive part of achieving the association’s strategic objectives. Develop persuasive regulatory filings, letters, and other advocacy documents and manage complex litigation on issues impacting the industry and members. Maintain a strong understanding of the trends that impact the industry and proactively address these matters.
- Spokesperson. Serve as spokesperson for A4A on legal matters as necessary. Effectively communicate the organization’s positions and interests to the Law Council to ensure consensus and alignment around A4A policy, legal and regulatory activities. Promote A4A policy positions within the aviation legal and professional community.
- Board Relations. Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with the Board. Ensure adherence to corporate governance structure and A4A bylaws. Brief Board on antitrust issues and other matters affecting the Board.
- Strategic Direction. Translate strategic priorities into operational reality; align communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
- Consultant Management. Manage relationships with external counsel to ensure effective use of organizational resources.
Qualifications: A4A is seeking candidates of high ethical integrity with the relevant experience, background and leadership competencies to build credibility across the organization, while analyzing and shaping issues as they emerge for the airline industry and the organization’s members. The preferred candidate will possess relevant substantive capabilities and functional experience, including experience managing complex litigation and/or policy matters. S/he will have experience and personality characteristics to be a key member of a collaborative leadership team and the ability to provide valuable input and support for the strategic direction of A4A. A4A is seeking a candidate with a reputation for being effective at anticipating and understanding key trends that will impact the industry, and proactively leading initiatives to address them.
Specific experience and qualifications will include:
- Minimum 12 years of law firm, corporate, association and/or Hill experience.
- Understanding of antitrust laws applicable to association environment, and administrative law principles, the Administrative Procedure Act, and the federal rulemaking process.
- Capability to understand relevant airline laws, regulations and treaties is highly desirable.
- Experience attracting, developing, motivating and retaining strong talent, and building and managing a high-performing collaborative team in a results-oriented and fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, key to forging and sustaining trusting relationships with A4A staff members, government officials, outside counsel and other key stakeholders.
- Excellent communications skills. Produces concise written legal and policy arguments, with ability to verbally articulate these legal arguments clearly and persuasively.
An undergraduate degree and Juris Doctorate from well-respected institutions are required. Member in good standing in at least one state bar is highly desirable.
Company: Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney
Position: Litigation Attorney (Flexible Schedule)
Location: San Diego,CA
Description: We have an immediate opening in our San Diego office for a flexible schedule attorney with at least 5 years of commercial and employment litigation experience. Candidates must have excellent academic credentials, strong research and writing skills and be admitted to practice in California. Admission in Arizona as well is a plus. If you are interested in a flexible schedule, you should apply now! We will need a cover letter, resume, transcript and a writing sample. This is a non-partnership track position.
Contact: All questions should be directed to Kerri S. Haley, Recruiting & Development Administrator at email@example.com.
Qualifications: At least 5 years of commercial and employment litigation experience. Candidates must have excellent academic credentials, strong research and writing skills and be admitted to practice in California. Admission in Arizona as well is a plus.
Company: Center for Women in Law
Position: Assistant Director
Location: Austin, TX
Description: The Center for Women in Law (CWIL) is the premier educational institution devoted to the success of the entire spectrum of women in law, from first-year law students to the most experienced and accomplished attorneys. It combines theory with practice, identifying and addressing the persistent issues facing individual women and the profession as a whole.
Required Application Materials
- A Resume is required in order to apply
- A Letter of Interest is required in order to apply.
- A List of 3 References is required in order to apply.
The Assistant Director (AD) will be a thought-partner to the Executive Director (ED) in creating gender equity and diversity in the legal profession. The AD will execute educational programs for students and junior lawyers, oversee social media, and support ED with regards to CWIL’s 100 person advisory board.
Program Planning and Management – Plan and execute educational programs for students, including the Women in Law Institute and annual Power Lunch Series. Plan and execute educational programs for practitioners, including Accelerate First-Year Associates. Assist with execution of the Women’s Power Summit on Law and Leadership. Assist with execution of the Consortium for Advancing Women Lawyers. Implement student fellowship program. Develop and implement social and new media strategies. Outreach – Oversee social media program. Represent the CWIL at national, local, and Texas Law events. Build and maintain strong relationships with women lawyers in all sectors of the legal profession. Build and maintain strong relationships at Texas Law and across the University. Build and maintain relationships with student organizations. Manage the CWIL’s website. Research and Writing – Maintain current knowledge of research and publications regarding women in law. Assist with substantive writings and research. Administration – Assist with planning and execution of monthly Executive Committee meetings. Assist with planning and execution of annual donors’ retreat. Assist with budgeting and financial planning.
Other related functions as assigned.
Contact: For more information and to apply, visit: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/hr/jobs/nlogon/180312010395
Juris doctorate or extensive working knowledge of the legal industry, plus 5 or more years work experience in the legal industry. Familiarity with the scholarship on women, including women of color and diversity and inclusion in the legal profession. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities. Ability to remain focused in the face of pressure, delivers against timelines, not intimidated by tasks/time limitations. Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humor. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people junior and senior, for-profit and nonprofit, and from diverse backgrounds. Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in organizational settings. Ability to work flexible hours and travel. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Passionate about the CWIL’s mission and impact and commitment to the values and aspirations of the CWIL. Experience presenting to groups. Design, marketing, or communications background. Experience reviewing contracts.
Position: Senior Counsel Litigation
Location: Connecticut or Philadelphia
Description: Provides legal analysis of a broad array of healthcare and corporate matters with a demonstrated ability to effectively and independently manage complex litigation. Determines matter strategy and accurately analyzes risks and recommends alternative approaches to problem resolution. Possesses knowledge of laws governing the health care services business and provides assessment of potential litigation. Develops and maintains strong knowledge of regulatory environment affecting business. Efficiently resolves legal issues without step-by-step guidance. Collaborates well with team members and colleagues across Cigna Legal. Effectively manages relationships with outside counsel, clients, and senior level management.
- Senior Counsel, Litigation is responsible for providing litigation advice and counsel to Cigna’s domestic businesses on a broad array of healthcare and corporate matters.
- Works closely with internal clients to provide creative, proactive, solution-oriented advice to support and protect business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a strong understanding of the key aspects of Cigna’s global strategy to effectively advise clients on substantive issues facing them in litigation.
- Responsible for managing a heavy litigation case load of open matters working collaboratively with others in Cigna Legal and effectively managing outside counsel.
Contact: Arria Brown, Senior Recruiter, Legal & Compliance, Cigna Talent Acquisition, Arria.Brown@Cigna.com
- Law degree; at least 8 years of corporate litigation or law firm experience preferably in the healthcare field.
- JD and active Bar membership in PA or CT.
- Strong analytical, negotiating, and communication skills
- Ability to maintain client-focus as well as bring a creative approach to problem solving;
- Ability to efficiently manage a substantial number of issues in litigation and perform at a high level in a dynamic team environment.
- Working knowledge of federal and state insurance and health care laws.
- Exceptional track record of case management, strong partnership and collaboration, influential leadership, and process management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated good judgment and willingness to take on any project.
- Ability to maneuver through business barriers to drive initiatives throughout the enterprise.
- Ability to present complex legal issues to management and to lead initiatives as needed.